Bangalore is home to nearly 40% of India’s startup ecosystem, and one of the strongest tech centers of the world.
The development is driven by a strong talent pool. Bangalore is home to some of India’s best technical universities, and many of the resources are both highly skilled and relatively cheap.
Once a global center for business process outsourcing, now the city is moving up the value chain, and becoming a center for R&D. Today, more than 400 R&D centers spread across the city, and Danish corporates like Danske Bank, Novo Nordisk, Novozymes and Maersk are all tapping in to the Bangalore ecosystem.
The heavy presence of foreign corporates since the early 90’s has transformed Bangalore into a highly globalized city. English is the main professional language, and Indian co-workers are often familiar with western cultural codes.
For more information, check out and download our ecosystem report below.
Reasons to go
- India’s most vibrant innovation ecosystem
- Reverse innovation and co-creation towards emerging markets
- Ideal for outsourcing specific R&D tasks
- Strong demand for clean tech solutions within Danish strongholds
- Low cost of living
- English spoken, more or less everywhere
- Relatively easy access to key stakeholders and decision makers
- Very diversified: Healthtech, Cleantech, Fintech, Foodtech…
- Indiranagar, Koramangala, Whitefield
- Programs - Bengaluru
- Resources - Bengaluru
- Spaces - Bengaluru